- This event has passed.
Bala Cranberry Festival
October 16, 2015 @ 8:00 am - October 18, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
We first discovered the Bala Cranberry Festival back in 2009 and we’ve been going ever since. This is the festival that put Bala on the map! It’s always exciting and a real treat to check out all the festivities. The Bala Cranberry Festival is truly a Muskoka tradition loved by all who experience it!
We eagerly anticipate this festival every year! We look forward to meeting some great new people and reconnecting with old friends. You’ll find us inside the community centre where it’s nice and toasty warm. Make sure you come by for special show pricing and enter our contest for your chance to win some fantastic Bee By The Sea products!
It is astonishing that this show has had an estimated attendance of just under half million people over the last 30 years in a town with a population of 700! Taking the shuttle bus to the marsh to get cranberries is always one of the highlights of the weekend!
Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 4pm
Cool facts and stats from The Cranberry Festival:
- hundreds of local community groups and non-profit associations supported
- over $100,000 in scholarships disbursed
- over 125 local musicians have graced our main stage
- over 5000 volunteer hours per decade
- successfully ‘moved’ the end of the season to what is now called ‘cranberry’
- awarded as a Festivals and Events Ontario Top 100 Event
Although we do not have a store in Bala, Rosseau General Store in Rosseau, Indian River Trading Company in Port Carling and Glen Orchard General Store in Glen Orchard are some nearby retailers that carry our products!