Sea Buckthorn Macerated in Honey
- clean the fruit
- press with a wooden fork or spatula until it turns into a chunky paste
- fill a 400 gr jar 1/3rd of the way with the paste
- pour honey of your choice (I like acacia)
- mix it well, put on the lid and keep it refrigerated
- take one teaspoon daily on an empty stomach
Sea Buckthorn Syrup
- juice 1 kg of fruit
- the recipe recommends putting the fruit in gauze and crushing it with a pestle and mortar… yes, it’s labour intensive!
- you should obtain about 0.5 L of juice
- mix the juice with 0.5 kg of honey in a jar, cover, and place in the fridge for 5 to 7 days
- shake the jar or mix the syrup with a wooden spoon about twice a day
- after the 5-7 days, take one spoon daily on an empty stomach or 2 spoons in a glass of water
- shake jar before consuming
Do not use metal while processing Sea Buckthorn as it may cause the fruit to oxidise and ferment.
Use honey from a trusted source.