An old time tradition makes a return with shampoo and body wash bars. Before the 1940’s where liquid shampoo became prevalent, shampoo bars were what the majority of the population used in order to keep themselves and their hair looking great! However they fell out of favor as liquid shampoo gained traction through the 1940’s which paved the way for the massive amount of plastic consumption and waste seen today. It is estimated that on average a person will use 800 bottles of shampoo in their lifetime; that’s a lot of waste!
Today, shampoo and body bars come in a large variation of shapes, sizes and smells; they are the most earth friendly method to stay clean.
Some distinct advantages:
- Lasts 3-4(70-80 washes) times longer than a standard bottle of shampoo which saves you money
- Made from natural ingredient’s unlike the chemical cocktail used in most liquid shampoos.
- Uses less water in both the creation of the bar and the amount needed to clean your hair.
- Zero waste: packaging is either biodegradable or comes in a reusable tin.
- Travel friendly: Easy to pack so you can use the scents you love wherever life takes you. No more having to worry about airport security going through your bag!
How to use
Shampoo and body bars may seem like an odd departure from liquid products(cause it is!) but that doesn’t mean its any harder to use. If anything, its actually simpler for you and requires less product in your hair which saves you money, time, and keeps your hair looking amazing.
- Rub bar between hands until it works up a lather then rub hands through wet hair. You can also rub the bar on wet hair directly to achieve the same effect.
- Rub fingers through hair under running water until product is rinsed away.
- Repeat process for conditioner bar if desired for silky, shiny and healthy hair.
Acknowledging the harm plastic is doing to our planet we would like to introduce our new eco shampoo and body bar line. Made with natural ingredient’s that is good for any hair or skin type. Sea buckthorn and honey are a staple in our shampoo, conditioner and body wash bars, mixed with a smooth shea butter to ensure it goes on smooth and comes off even smoother while feeding your hair the multivitamins it needs to keep your hair and scalp healthy.
Give them a try HERE